OUR PEOPLE / Eamonn Sheehy
Eamonn Sheehy has extensive experience in developing and implementing FDI, SME and Linkage strategies, together with capacity building training for Government, Investment Promotion Agency (IPA), Regional and Municipality staff.
During his 38 year career with IDA Ireland he developed and implemented new sector strategies to attract, retain and grow investment. He played a key role in developing new strategies for education, training, and R & D which are key to building a knowledge economy.
He has supported over 20 developing countries with new investment strategies and trained and mentored staff in project implementation. Assignments included:
- Abu Dhabi – Sector selection strategy for Khalifa Port Industrial Zone
- Botswana – Strategy & training in developing a diamond cluster
- Chile – Selecting Priority Sectors & a new IPA structure for InvestChile
- Lithuania – FDI marketing strategy and training of IPA & SEZ staff
- Vietnam – Pharma Cluster Strategy & training in investment promotion
- Uruguay – Developing the Life Sciences Industry & a new IPA structure