OUR PEOPLE / David O’Donovan
David O’Donovan specialises in assisting national and sub-national investment promotion agencies (IPAs) to attract and retain foreign direct investment (FDI). He gained wide experience as a practitioner in these areas during 30 years with the Irish Government’s IPA, IDA-Ireland, and over 15 years as an FDI consultant.
David has worked on FDI consultancy and training projects for a wide range of international organisations including the EU Commission, the World Bank, UNIDO, UNCTAD, Inter-American Development Bank and the Economic Commission for Latin America and Caribbean (ECLAC).
Regions and countries worked in for short-term FDI consulting/training assignments:
- Africa (Ethiopia, Tanzania and South Africa)
- South Asia (Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka)
- Central Asia (Kazakhstan)
- Europe (France, Georgia, Kosovo, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Moldova and Serbia)
- Middle East (Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen)
- South America (Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay)
- Central America and Caribbean (Antigua & Barbuda, Belize and Dominica)
- South Pacific (Fiji)
David holds an MSc in Strategic Management from Dublin University (Trinity College).